Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What else was I supposed to do?

A middle grade student was sent to in school suspension. He’d chased a girl around the lunchroom and was caught. The teacher asked him, “Why were you chasing the girl?”

The young man said, “I was eating my lunch and minding my own business. I wasn’t bothering anyone. She came up to me and hit me in the neck with an apple. So, I got up and chased her.”

The teacher responded, “Are you supposed to run around the lunchroom?”

Exasperated, the student explained again, “She hit me in the neck with an apple. What else was I supposed to do?”

“You didn’t answer my question. Are you supposed to chase girls around the lunchroom? For any reason?”

The boy replied by slowly pronouncing each word: “She   hit me   in   the   neck   with   an   apple.   What   else   was   I   supposed   to   do?”

1 comment:

  1. Well, yeah! What else could he have done?! Seems logical to me. I mean, chasing your assailant around makes much more sense than ignoring her, or asking her for an explanation, or even reporting her to the authorities. I mean, doesn't everyone just jump up and chase people who hit 'em in the necks with apples?! ;)

    ReplyDelete