Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Top 5 blogs of 2012 (and other stuff)

Wow. Another year—poof! Gone. Done. But not forgotten. 2012 saw the publications of my books The Waxing Moon and The Night the Port-A-Potty Burned Down and Other Stories.

I also had three short stories published: “Howler King”, “I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day” (from Sing We Now of Christmas), and award-winning “The Doughnut” (from Parables for Today).

If all goes according to plan (and when does that ever happen?!?!?!?), I’ll have at least two more books published in 2013: The Zealous Star (the third book of the Bariwon series) and The Mirror of the Soul (based on the works of Chris de Burgh).

But there’s more! I have another completed book, Wall of Faith, which is still looking for a home. It could quite possibly be published in 2013 as well. What else? Well, I’ll be contributing another short story to Michael Young’s next Christmas anthology. The first draft is written.

Also, I’m roughly 17,000 words into another book which is quite a departure from my other works. It’s about a young man who moves from North Carolina to Utah at the start of his senior year in high school. I don’t want to give away too much, but due to a certain plot point, the story takes place in the late 1980’s.

On top of all this is family, church, work and something else…what is it? Oh yeah! I’m working on my Master’s degree in creative writing. One thing I like to do at the end of the year is see which of my blogs got the most “hits” (meaning the most times people accessed the page.)

Here are the top 5 of 2012:


 
 


 
 


 
 


 
 
And number 1:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment