Thursday, May 23, 2013

Must See Movies--From A Certain Point Of View

I read a recent article on SyFy’s “Blastr” page (yes, the “e” is left out of the word on purpose) about 14 upcoming movies. The list said that 10 of them are a “must see” while 4 of them you should “avoid.”

SyFy is owned by NBCUniversal, who also owns Universal Pictures.

For giggles, I decided to see which pictures were recommended and what company produced them.

Here is the list:

(Avoid) After Earth  Sony Pictures / Columbia Pictures

(Must See) Man of Steel  Warner Brothers

(Avoid) World War Z  Paramount Pictures

(Avoid) The Lone Ranger  Walt Disney Pictures

(Must See)  Pacific Rim  Warner Brothers  

(Must See) The Wolverine  20th Century Fox

(Avoid) 300: Rise of an Empire  Warner Brothers 

(Must See) Elysium  Tri Star Pictures

(Must See) Kick A** 2  Universal Pictures 

(Must See) Riddick  Universal Pictures

(Must See) Ender’s Game  Lionsgate Films

(Must See) Thor: The Dark World  Walt Disney Pictures

(Must See) The Hunger Games: Catching Fire  Lionsgate Films 

(Must See) The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug  Warner Brothers 



I wish I could say that I was surprise that both of the pictures on the list from Universal Pictures were on the “Must See” list, but I’m not.

Man, I’m getting jaded in my old age.  

No comments:

Post a Comment