Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Book review of "The Hidden Sun" by Kaitlyn Kline

Kaitlyn Kline has posted her review of The Hidden Sun on her blog "Kaitlyn in Bookland". I'll have to admit, my heart sunk when I read one of the lines. It said, "I wasn’t really sure what to expect from The Hidden Sun, but it sucked. . ." It wasn't until I read the next line when I started breathing again. It continued, ". . . me in from the very beginning."

Ah, good thing I'm not running for office. I'm sure that is something my opponent would use out of context.

Here is her full review:

This cover is totally worthy of a fantasy novel. There’s the castle and surrounding grounds, plus gold font. It really works.

I wasn’t really sure what to expect from The Hidden Sun, but it sucked me in from the very beginning. Like with any fantasy, the names take a bit of getting used to, but there was a nice pronunciation guide in the front of the book. After about 30 pages, I didn’t even stumble over the names anymore.

The corrupt leaders had me fuming throughout the book. This is a novel that really evokes some emotion from the reader. There are so many twists and turns, that I thought I had things figured out, only to be told something else. It was amazing.

J. Lloyd Morgan does not hold anything back in this fantasy novel. You will read about death, love, politics...everything. Even when I wasn’t reading this book, I was thinking about it. I wanted to solve all of the mysteries throughout the book and see the fates of my favorite characters.

I *think* this novel was billed as young adult, but I think it could really work for adults as well.

I am so excited for the sequel, The Waxing Moon. It should be available sometime next year.

1 comment:

  1. Haha sorry to give you a mini-heart attack there! There's nothing to worry about--I really enjoyed The Hidden Sun. :)

    ReplyDelete