Saturday, October 8, 2011

Review of "The Hidden Sun" from Michael Araujo

The Hidden Sun was reviewed on Michael Araujo's blog called "The Subtle Chronicler".

Here is what what Michael thought of it:

"If I ever pick up a book that involves royalty, it always involves fantasy as well. Any sort of element from fantasy and I’ll be good. But this time the one I picked up was just royalty and politics. And oddly enough, I really enjoyed it. Getting straight to the point here, The Hidden Sun is a story that shows how challenges are met.

The reason I’m getting straight to the point is because it’s what the novel does itself. It gives us these breaks every few paragraphs skipping from one scene to another, reminding me of a television show. [Author's note: perhaps my writing is influnenced from my TV directing skills?]

The characters were brilliantly written out. They brought out real emotions and care which as a reader I was happy about. His writing was also pretty good. It was easy to read and the way he played with words made it bearable.

Overall the whole book itself was epic and kept me interested enough to want to read what comes next. But I was also surprised at the fact that I fell for this story pretty hard. Not only did I enjoy it like I said above, I wanted more by the end. I wanted to know what happens next with all of the characters. I know that their stories haven’t ended and that there’s so many things that can go wrong. And even though it didn’t have any magic or dragons or wizards or whatever, it still had that magical spark to it. It was magical without the magic."

Thank you very much Michael for writing such an insightful review.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Do you think you'd ever do a video blog? I'd be really interested in seeing you talk about your books and read excerpts. http://www.mobli.com is really easy and fun for that.

    ReplyDelete